The mission for Cuba Development Group (CDG) shall be to increase the quality of life within our community by means of aggressive, collaborative, and innovative economic and community development efforts. Further, CDG shall strive to revitalize and redevelop areas of cultural and historical significance to Cuba, Missouri.
Vision 2020 – Strategic Plan of Cuba Development Group
Recently, CDG completed the first draft of its 10 year strategic plan entitled Vision 2020. Vision 2020 shall be the roadmap for the direction of CDG’s core efforts over the next decade. Vision 2020 will be reviewed on an annual basis throughout 2010 – 2020 by the CDG Leadership Team as a means to respond to evolving needs within the region, to remain competitive in the global marketplace, and to measure the success of the organization. Vision 2020 is a multi-phased strategic plan that contains key benchmarks for success to be measured at the 1, 3, 5 and 10 year marks. For more information in regard to Vision 2020 please contact Dennis Roedemeier.
Cuba Development Group Board of Directors
Seven community members make up the Board of Directors for CDG. The makeup of the Board of Directors is established by the by-laws of the organization. It is required that the makeup of the Board of Directors include the following: a member from each local community bank, a member from the Cuba Chamber of Commerce, a member from the IDA of Cuba, a member from the City of Cuba, and an at-large member who holds a justifiable level of experience in leadership, business, and planning roles. Each Board of Director serves a term of two years. Further, the Board of Directors elects a President, Secretary, and Treasurer at each annual meeting.
The Current Members of the CDG Board of Directors:
- Ray Mortimeyer, Director – City of Cuba Mayor
- Dennis Roedemeier, President – Crawford County EEZ
- Kim Baldwin, Treasurer – Peoples Bank
- Tina Hannan, Secretary – Cuba Area Chamber of Commerce
- Jim Barnett, Jr., Director – Peoples Bank
- Bob Baldwin, Director – City of Cuba Director of Public Works
- Jim Tennyson, Director – At Large
- Nick Sanazaro, Director – At Large
- Patti Campbell, Director – IDA of Cuba
- Vacant, Director – Cuba Area Chamber of Commerce
Cuba Development Group Foundation Board of Governors
Cuba Development Group operates as a 501(c)3 Missouri Non-Profit Organization under a public-private partnership model. Below are a list of private partners which are critical in supporting CDG’s mission.
- Cuba Area Chamber of Commerce – Since 2012
- City of Cuba, Missouri – Since 2012