Cuba, Missouri is the largest community located in the Crawford County, Missouri Enhanced Enterprise Zone. Enhanced Enterprise Zones are specified geographic areas designated by local governments and certified by the Missouri Department of Economic Development. Zone designation is based on certain demographic criteria, the potential to create sustainable jobs in a targeted industry and a demonstrated impact on local industry cluster development.
An eligible business must be located in a Missouri Enhanced Enterprise Zone (EEZ). Individual business eligibility will be determined by the zone, based on creation of sustainable jobs in a targeted industry or demonstrated impact on local industry cluster development. Service industries are eligible if a majority of their annual revenues will be derived from services provided out of the state. Headquarters or administrative offices of an otherwise excluded business may qualify if the offices serve a multi-state territory. The company cannot have been announced or construction started prior to the approval process.
Qualifying Industries By NAICS Code:
- 11 Ag, Forestry, Fishing, and Hunting
- 21 Mining
- 22 Utilities
- 23 Construction
- 31-31 Manufacturing
- 42 Wholesale
- 48-49 Transportation and Warehousing
- 51 Information
- 52 Finance and Insurance
- 53 Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
- 54 Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- 55 Management of Companies and Enterprises
- 56 Administrative and Support and Waste Mgt., Remediation Services
- 62 Healthcare and Social Assistance
- 71 Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation (Excluding Gaming Operations)
- 72 Accommodation (Excluding Food, Drinking Establishments)
- 81 Other Services (Excluding Religious Organizations)
- 7132 Gambling Establishments
- 44-45 Retail Trade
- 61 Educational Services
- 8131 Religious Organizations
- 92 Public Administrators
- 722 Food and Drinking Establishments
The Enhanced Enterprise Zone Program is a discretionary program offering state tax credits, accompanied by local real property tax abatement, to Enhanced Business Enterprises. Tax credits may be provided each year for up to five tax years after the project commences operations.
- To receive tax credits for any of the years, the facility must create and maintain the minimum:
- New or expanded business facility – 2 new employees and $100,000 new investment;
- Replacement business facility – 2 new employees and $1,000,000 new investment
- Health insurance at all times, of which at least 50% is paid by the employer.
Eligible investment expenditures include the original cost of machinery, equipment, furniture, fixtures, land and building, and/or eight times the annual rental rate paid for the same. Inventory is not eligible.
Cuba, Missouri offers a comprehensive inventory of incentive programs for business development and expansion in Cuba, Missouri at the Federal, State, and Local Levels.
Email Dennis Roedemeier or call him at 573-259-1284 for a complete list or for more information.